Wednesday, January 27, 2010

When Sleeping In Class is Appropriate...

So today, lab class was wonderful. I got to sleep! Yeah, that's right. At the beginning of class I was dozing off - that wasn't good. But then later, sleeping was actually appropriate. We studied the brain today, and I was the patient. So what I got to do was put this gunky stuff on my head and attach some probes and then lay down on a table. Our lab instructor turned off the lights and asked those of us laying down to relax. I had no trouble doing that. (For those of you who don't know, I can fall asleep just about anywhere - so a lab table is no different, especially when there's a blanket on it!) Then my lab partners observed my responses to a series of commands - like 'open your eyes' or '20 + 5' - things like that. It was peaceful and relaxing - just like lab should be. At one point there were computer problems, but I fell asleep while they fixed them. All in all, lab today = good. Score! Thank God for nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment