Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Squeezing the seconds

Last night was a blast! After dinner, we went to the Botanical Gardens to see a concert by Brazealand. We stopped by the playground and played on the tire swing and zip line some more - which was great! Then we went to the concert.
There were so many people there! As we walked up, the band, Brazealand, made their entrance with a parade of drums and someone dressed in a chinese dragon looking costume. We quickly sat down on the hillside and watched for a few songs, long enough to build up the courage to go dance in front of everyone in the group that was forming in front of the stage. All of us went down, with me at the lead, of course! We danced a sorta salsa, mambo, Brazilian dance - I don't know what I was doing except that I through in some swing! One of the girls in our group tried to dance with a kiwi guy who turned out to be a English visitor, but that failed miserably because the band then switched to its tribal slow music. We left and stopped by the playground one more time before heading home. I got back, intending to study, and was wiped! I got through a few pages, put it aside for the morning, and crashed. I finished reading this morning before class.

Today, I received an email from a friend who said to squeeze the second, make every moment exceptional. I am going to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment