Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's only been one week, what!?

So I was sitting at my computer yesterday reading for my ethics class and realized that I left home only 6 days ago! I couldn't believe it! It seems like it's been sooo much longer! So much stuff has happened already, and my life is so tremendously busy, I didn't have time to count the days! (Though when reading ethics, anyone's brain would tend to wander;)

This week has gone well! I just got back from my last class for the week, which let out 30 minutes early! And now I have to pack for my weekend adventure! We leave in about an hour!

My classes are going really well. I admit that by taking the biology which is taught in both countries, I've added on a lot of work to my schedule, but I am learning to maximize my time and squeeze the seconds, as I said before. Wednesday was pretty standard with classes, but after dinner ... that was fun.

(Parent advisory - as in I advise my parents not to freak out ;)

Last night all of us went clubbing! I have never done this before, and I must say it was soo much fun! We started out going to the Botanical Gardens for the concert. It was ok, but my friends were fun to hang with. Then, our NZ resident advisors who know Wellington, because they live here, took us to the student clubs. We danced, stayed out late, and goofed off. Yes, I did drink a bit, though I was completely in control of my senses, which is good. As far as I was concerned, as long as I was in control of mind, then the devil couldn't mess with us. And he definitely did not! We made it home safely and I went to bed. Woke up this morning a little tired but ready for classes. And now, it's time to get ready for another adventure! The plan is to take a ferry to south island (south part of NZ) and then stay the night in Picton (where the ferry drops us off). Tomorrow, we'll rent a car and drive to Nelson for some hiking. Saturday, we're going kayaking all day. and sunday we're driving/ferrying back and getting caught up on work before classes Monday morning! Woohoo! It's gonna be busy but there's no time to lose!

God bless! Have an awesome weekend, and I'll let you know how it all went when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment