Monday, January 11, 2010

If you didn't know me, you'd think I was a biology major

Today was the first day of classes. Woohoo! They were rather enjoyable, actually! I have a pretty intensive course load for New Zealand because I have to take one class that bridges both semesters. So my course load is as such:

8-9:30am, Environmental Ethics
11:30-1pm, Island Biogeography
2:15-3:45, Biology (standard biology course)

I think my favorite will be Island Biogeography. We get to go on field trips to all sorts of places, like the beach, mountains, a natural reserve, and a volcano! In Biology, we get to sit on couches the entire class.

Later tonight, my friends and I are going to a concert at the botanical gardens. It'll be nice to relax on our beach towels and enjoy the show!

The plan for next weekend is to go to Abel Tasman on the South Island. There, you can go sea kayaking and see furry seals, and go on loads of hiking trails. I think the next weekend, we'll go rafting in caves, but both of those trips are still under construction. I'll let you know the full details before I leave.

Time to study. I mean, after all, I am taking GT classes ;)

P.S. to anyone going to fellowship tomorrow: I'm going to call in, so I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment